Celebrate less socially and trick-or-treat locally this year. Halloween in 2020 can still be fun if done safely by following these tips:
- Respect homes by staying away if the lights are out.
- Keep to your local neighborhood this year.
- Avoid trick-or-treating in busy indoor areas (like malls) since there may not be enough space to distance.
- Trick-or-treat in a small social group, stick to six people.
- Leave space between you and other groups to reduce crowding on stairs and sidewalks.
- Wash your hands before you go out, when you get home, and before eating treats.
- Discard broken packaging or homemade treats if you’re unsure of their source.
And as always, wear reflective strips or carry a flashlight to make you visible to motorists.